Wednesday, March 16, 2011

Sunflower Market Shopping Trip (& Grand Opening!)

I woke up early this morning and headed to the Sunflower Market grand opening of their Salt Lake City store. The hubby graciously agreed to take the morning off and sleep in with The Bambina when I told him there were $50 worth of free groceries involved. Yipee! Sometimes I love that my hubby is as frugal as I am.

I got there about 6:10 and I ran into Tracee (a fellow couponer & friend from high school) and her sisters Shawnee and Jenny. We got our numbers and waited in line together & chatted and laughed until the store opened. Thanks, ladies, for helping pass the time!

The store was bright and beautiful, just like the other Sunflower Market stores I've been to. Their produce prices are amazing and super fresh. I also really enjoy their bulk bins, though I didn't purchase anything from them today. The opening was well-organized and efficient. There were a lot of people there, which tells me the rest of Salt Lake City is as excited about this new store as I am. The more stores, the merrier!

I was number 132. The first 200 people in line each got a ticket, and after you made a purchase you were able to exchange your ticket for a bag full of free groceries & free item coupons. The deals were amazing, so I purchased a few things and got my free swag, shown in the picture below.

$0.88 Strawberries, 1 lb x 3
$1.35 Broccoli ($0.88/lb)
$5.96 Lean Ground Beef (85%) ($1.68/lb)
$0.88 Russet Potatoes, 5 lb
$2.30 Red Seedless Grapes ($0.99/lb)
= $13.13 + tax


Freebies included:
  • 1 Bag of apples
  • 1 Bag of carrots
  • 1 Carton plum tomatoes
  • 1 Orange
  • 1 Loaf of wheat bread
  • 1 Red Mill soup mix
  • 1 Quart chocolate milk
  • 1 Bag tortilla chips
  • 1 Bag white cheddar popcorn
  • 1 Bag organic coffee beans
  • 1 Sweetleaf Stevia sweetener
  • 1 Can energy drink
  • 1 Organic conditioner
  • 2 Packets of seeds
  • 1 Tweezers
  • 1 Package brown rice
  • 15 various samples of granola, chips, cookies, cereal
  • 1 large handful of salt water taffy
  • 1 Sunflower sugar cookie

Can you believe I got all of the food above plus two reusable grocery bags for only $13 dollars and an hour of sleep!? Amazing. But it gets better. Inside each swag bag was a coupon of envelopes, containing $36 worth of free item coupons and $11 worth of money-off coupons. Below are a few of my favorites.


The Muir Glen booklet is fantastic! It has $1 off coupons for 7 different items, which when paired with Sunflower Market's buy 5, save $5 Muir Glen sale makes for super cheap ($0.49) organic soup, canned tomatoes & frozen veggies!

The lines were getting long inside, so we opted not to go back in and use our free item coupons right away. But I do plan to go back this week and at least doing the Muir Glen deal. Overall it was a fantastic morning!

Add This

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...