Thursday, March 3, 2011

My Budget: February


Total spent in February on groceries & household supplies: $170.55
Total saved in February on groceries & household supplies: $607.90 (78%)

We did great this month! Hmm - maybe it's because this month was 3 days shorter than usual? This total included some meat stock up during the great Winco sale (ground beef, pork, chicken, bacon). It also included a $10 donation to a family humanitarian project we'll be doing in 2 weeks. I think it also helps that The Bambina is now on whole milk (instead of soy), so we're much cheaper there. I also managed to stock up 3 packs of diapers this month. Score!


Total spent in February eating out: $49.01

I'm actually pretty pleased with this number. It's even $10 cheaper than last month! And we used our BOGO Chipotle coupon at the last second on the 28th. This month included a sushi night with my brother & sister-in-law and a trip to Barbacoa (full price!) when The Bambina & I were sick and the hubby was keeping us together.

I was really proud of my hubby -- he didn't eat out at work even once during February! We're going on a cruise in April with some friends, and we've been joking about being on "cruise diets." Maybe he's a little more serious about it than I thought! Either way, I'll take it. :)


How are you all doing with your budgets? Have you set goals for this year? If not, do it! I predict that writing down what you spend will help you spend less, too!

No comments:

Add This

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...