Monday, July 11, 2011

Smith's Shopping Trip -- 58% Savings!

I ran to Smith's this morning to take part in the fantastic Kellogg's sale before it ended this week. I also had a hankering for pot roast, for some reason. So I bought a roast and some veggies and threw it in the crockpot. Smells delicious!


$1.67 Kellogg's Cereal x 10
$1.99 Kraft Cheese Shreds
$8.76 Chuck Roast
$0.51 Yellow Onion
$1.59 Potatoes
-$5/5 Kellogg's MFQ x 2
= $19.52 + tax

(Saved $27.61 -- 58%.)

My store had the Raisin Bran marked for the promo but it rang up full price. They double checked the shelves and gave it to me for the sale price because of their mistake. (Anyone else had trouble at their stores?)

I had saved the Shortcuts $5/5 MFQ onto my store card but it never came off at checkout! Very frustrating. So I ended up having to use two paper coupons to cover my 10 boxes. I'm going to contact Shortcuts today and let them know.

Anyone else loving this cereal sale?

4 comments:

Dasha said...

The same thing happened to me! Except I assumed it was the cashier's fault because when I asked him if the coupon rung up he said yes but then when I looked at my receipt I saw that it hadn't. I was in a hurry so I didn't go back in but I was thinking I would take my receipt back in next time I go to Smith's. Is that worth the hassle or was it for sure an error on Shortcuts' part?

Annalisa said...

Boo! I'm sorry that happened to you as well! I have emailed Shortcuts and I will let you know what I hear from them. But I would take your receipt back to Smith's next time and see what they say, because $5 for me is definitely worth the hassle!

Megan said...

It is an error on shortcuts part so there's nothing smiths can do. My smiths customer service person said they were talking with shortcuts to get it working.

Janeal said...

I had the same trouble with my Shortcuts $5 card coupon and had to use my paper coupons. If you get the Cars 2 cereals they have a deal if you turn in four codes you get a $5 gas card. I was able to get 3 of those getting me $15 in free gas! Making the cereal free!

Add This

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...