Tuesday, October 5, 2010

Similac Deal @ Rite Aid



I know there is a lot of buzz about Similac lately because of their recent recall on formula. However, I just happened to wean The Bambina to soy formula about three weeks ago (due to her allergy to milk), and we've been using Similac and loving it. I weaned her for a number of reasons, but mostly because her low weight is always an issue and I wanted to be able to monitor her fluid intake (which I couldn't do while nursing). Plus, at 10 months old, I feel pretty good about the benefits she has gotten from it. I was sad to stop nursing (and so was she at first), but I feel more peace of mind knowing exactly how many ounces she's eating every day.

I've been keeping my eye out for good formula deals lately, and I stumbled upon one today. Sam's Club doesn't carry the Similac Soy, and I don't have a Costco membership -- so I'm relying on my coupon skills to carry me through!

There is a $3 printable coupon valid on any Similac formula found on their website HERE. There is also a $5 Single Check Rebate at Rite Aid when you buy $25+ of any Similac formula. Combine that with the $5/25 Adperk coupon and you've got a pretty good deal on formula!

$15.99 Similac Powder, 12.6 oz
$15.99 Similac Powder, 12.6 oz
-$5/25 RAQ HERE
-$3 MFQ HERE x 2
= $20.98 + tax
(And get back $5 SCR.)

So your grand total comes to $15.98 for two cans, which is $0.08 per fluid ounce. (Retail price is about $0.15/fluid ounce.) Not bad!

Now, if your baby can drink non-soy Similac formula, there is also a $1 Video Values coupon from September that can be used on the 23.2 oz powder container (they don't carry the soy version at Rite Aid in this size), in addition to the $3 MFQ that would sweeten the deal! I think the regular price for these is around $23-$25 at Rite Aid.


Note: I've been in two or three stores in the last week that had signs up above their formula stating that the Similac on their shelves is unaffected by the recall. If you see those signs, you can shop with confidence. Don't be afraid to ask an associate if there is no sign!

No comments:

Add This

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...