Tuesday, January 12, 2010

Rite Aid Shopping Trip

I went to Rite Aid yesterday for the first time in 7 weeks. Wahoo! I'm a little rusty, because I actually screwed up a little...I'll show you how.

Transaction #1:
$8.99 Huggies
$4.99 Contac
$1.99 Ivory
$1.99 Ivory
$3.33 Tresemme
-$5/20 RAQ
-$3 Huggies MFQ (home mailer)
-$1 Huggies RAQ
-$2 Contac MFQ
-$1 Ivory MFQ
-$1 Ivory MFQ
= $8.29 + tax
(And get back $5.99)


Transaction #2:$8.99 Huggies
$4.99 Theraflu
$2.00 GE
$3.33 Tresemme
$0.50 Nylons (to make a headband!)
-$5/20 RAQ
-$3 Huggies MFQ (home mailer)
-$1 Huggies RAQ
-$2 Theraflu MFQ
= $8.81 + tax
(And get back $5.00)

So I screwed up in two ways. The first is that I thought there was a valid Tresemme RAQ right now. It was in with all the other video values coupons that expire in February -- but it was actually the one from November. Duh! I even printed it and took it with me. Like I said, I'm a little rusty. So that cost me $4, but oh well.

Secondly, I screwed up my pictures, lol. I should have the Theraflu in the bottom picture, but I accidentally put the Contac in there again.

But overall, still a good week for diapers and such.

(Speaking of diapers -- everyone kept saying, oh you should only buy 1 or 2 packs of newborn size diapers before the baby gets here because they grow out of them so quickly. I'm here to tell you that I opened my 9th pack of newborn size yesterday. Boy am I glad I had a big stash!)

2 comments:

Jessica said...

Good to know. I've been hearing the same thing about newborn diapers.

The Snells said...

I heard the same thing with the diapers as well but our little girl was so small she needed preemie diapers...so we went through about 11 packs of preemie diapers, 10+ newborn (i stopped counting after 10) and then only 2 of size 1 lol! She went from newborn size to a size 2 in 2 weeks! Im so happy to see you are back and updating more! You have taught me so much about all this and I havent paid more than $1 for a pack of diapers since last summer!! THANKS for passing along your great knowledge!!

Add This

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...