Tuesday, January 12, 2010

Grand Granola Recipe

Here's an idea of what to do with all your cheap Quaker oats from Walgreens this week!

Grand Granola
3 c. Rolled oats
1 c. Sliced almonds, walnuts, macademias or pecans
1/2 c. Sesame seeds
1/2 c. Shredded coconut, sweetened
1/2 t. Salt
6 T. Brown sugar
6 T. Maple syrup
1/4 c. Canola oil
1 T. Vanilla

Mix all ingredients together and bake on a cookie sheet at 250 degrees for 1 hour. Stir and bake 15 more minutes.

When I made this a few months ago, I left out the sesame seeds and the nuts because I didn't have any on hand, but it still turned out scrumptious! I love eating granola with yogurt for breakfast. Next time I'm for sure making a double batch.

1 comment:

Jessica said...

Thank you for the recipe! I was just at the store this weekend and wanted to get granola for my new diet plan. I was so disappointed that the small boxes of granola are over $4 a box! Ouch! So I really could use this recipe, so thank you for sharing!

Add This

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...