Thursday, June 2, 2011

My Budget: May


Total spent in May on groceries & household supplies: $234.60
Total saved in May on groceries & household supplies: $250.80 (51.7%)

I ended up about $35 over budget for May, but the culprit ended up being The Bambina's illness. She was sick for a while and the doctor put her on antibiotics and suggested I give her a probiotic as well to help her tummy. No big deal, except that she's a picky eater. I ended up spending about $30 on a chewable probiotic supplement and some probiotic smoothies from Whole Foods (neither of which she would eat!) that I hadn't planned on for May. Ah well, such is life. I did, however, find a non-dairy probiotic mango juice drink at Good Earth that she loves. Hooray!

All in all, I did pretty well. I stocked my freezer with chicken and ground beef this month, held a barbecue at my house, and stockpiled 2 bottles of laundry detergent, 2 boxes of dish detergent and 4 packs of diapers. *Pats self on the back.*


Total spent in May eating out: $36.72

Eating out this month included a few impromptu work lunches for hubby and myself, and one night of frozen yogurt for a treat. Yum!


How are you all doing with your budgets?

No comments:

Add This

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...