We all know I'm a frugal person. I do have a cell phone, but it's not a smart phone and it doesn't have internet or email. Why? It's just too darn expensive! I don't see the point of paying for internet on my phone when I already pay for internet at my house. Call me crazy.
There's a new, frugally-friendly cell phone company called Straight Talk 2. All of their cell phones are contract-free, and you could likely cut your cell phone bill in half! (What would you buy with all the money you saved?!?)
Here's the gist of their business premise:
- No contracts, no credit checks, no surprise bills
- Great nationwide coverage
- Fabulous cell phone manufacturers (LG, Samsung, Motorola, Nokia and Kyocera)
Here is some info about their plans:
- "All You Need Plan" monthly service for $30 - 1000 minutes, 1000 texts and 30MB of data
- Unlimited monthly service for $45 - includes calls, text, messaging and web data
- A whole year of unlimited service for only $499!
- 411 calls are included in all plans for no extra charge
- No activation or termination fees!
Straight talk also offers international long distance service at a low cost, which is nice if you're traveling outside the country and you need to call your family or Call a friend.
Straight talk has some amazing smart phones, that include touch screens, cameras, instant messaging, etc. You can even get an Android on Straight Talk. They have Everything you need in a phone and more.
Right now I'm on a family plan with my in-laws, but I could get a fancier phone with more features for less than I'm paying right now each month. They've got me, Hook, line and sinker.