Monday, July 27, 2009

How To Plan A Menu

April emailed me and asked what resources I use to plan my weekly menu, so I thought I'd share my answer on here.

I have a handful of favorite resources:
  • Fix, Freeze, Feast - a cookbook full of recipes with bulk portion sizes, so you eat one and freeze one (or two) with each recipe. Fantastic!
  • Fix-it And Forget It - a book of nothing but slow-cooker recipes. The crockpot is my friend when I work, and also in the summer when it's hot.
  • Recipezaar.com - simply type an ingredient you have on-hand and this site will give you all the recipes you could make with it. Type in 3 ingredients and it'll do the same thing! Complete with reviews and comments and pictures - entirely user-contributed. One of my favorite web sites to "surf."
  • OrgJunkie.com - find TONS of weekly menu plans here from other blog moms/wives. Thinking it up is the hardest part, right? See what everyone else is cooking for dinner this week.

{recipezaar.com, #240744}

No comments:

Add This

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...